My communication style is simple – my interaction with you
will be via email and/or phone, unless you are within the Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks
area and would like to set up an in-person meeting, I'm down for that too if my
Here are the basic process steps:
1. You need to read both the “Rules of Engagement” page and "Fees" page on my website. I’ve been through a LOT over the years with hundreds of clients and I want to make sure that you believe we would be a good fit before we move forward. (Go ahead and click over… I’ll wait.)
2. Okay good, you clicked back! Now that you’ve done that, you
can start the process by choosing 1 of 2 options-
a. Email me everything and skip the phone convo. (Some people HATE the phone. I get that!) Send me your latest resume copy (even if older and you can't stand it), and/or your LinkedIn profile URL along with some back story on why you need help now, what you are after next career-wise etc. so that I can get a grip on your situation.
My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. My direct line is 805.813.5032. Feel free to randomly call but I am typically locked away either writing, having a meeting with my amazing staff members about the orders in house, or on a call with a client. The best way to connect with me on the phone is to schedule a phone appointment with me via my handy-dandy Calendly link here:
Once you've set up our phone appointment time, please email me whatever existing documents you already have on hand or your LinkedIn profile URL so that I can take a look and assess everything before our conversation.
If you are having trouble figuring out what your LinkedIn URL is, feel free to send me a connection request using my URL: www.linkedin.com/in/stephaniesmithresumes
3. If you've decided to email me only, I will personally get back to you with my thoughts and pricing via email as quickly as I can. (Usually within 24 hours.)
If we have a phone conversation set up, I will most likely be able to quote you over the phone.
4. Should you decide to proceed and use us to tailor your documents and/or profile, we offer multiple ways to pay:
a. I will send an invoice directly to your inbox via PayPal - just an FYI about PayPal, you do not have to already have an existing account set up with PayPal to use them, they are very easy and safe to use.
b. You can email me or call me with your credit card # and I
will punch it in using my Square app. We can take Visa, MasterCard, American
Express, and Discover using this app.
c. You can mail us a check. I will provide my business mailing address to you then.
5. Once you've been able to make payment, my crew and I will sit and compile personalized questions for you within the next 2 business days. They will be put in a Word document I call the "Resume (and/or LinkedIn) Intake Packet" and emailed to you. Once you've been able to hit us back with answers, we get to work on it.
6. I'll disappear for a while to work on it. Don't panic! I haven't run off to Tahiti, I'm actually putting all the puzzle pieces together and formulating the magic.
There's a pretty good chance I will email you during this stage of the game to ask some further questions once I'm at this stage, just to make sure it's going to be awesome.
7. After approximately a week goes by from the time I've received all the info I need, I present you with your finished product(s). (If you need it quicker than that I can work with you, but there will be a rush fee which we can discuss.)
I submit the resume copy to you in both an editing enabled Microsoft Word version and an Adobe PDF format.
The cover letter will be submitted in an editing enabled Word doc- you'll be able to tailor it to any positions you see or know about which interest you.
☛ While we always encourage our clients to NETWORK and use their documents in person, we will additionally send you what I call the "TBK Version" of your resume along with instructions on how to use it. What the heck is a “TBK” you ask?
(This part is important so pay attention!)
TBK stands for Taleo, Brassring, and Kenexa which are Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) systems that more and more companies are using to screen their applicants before any human beings even LOOK at a resume. There are 194 (!) of these kinds of programs in existence as of this page launch, and they are typically all finicky. I know all the tricks of the trade to get you through their stringent filters and alter our clients' resumes accordingly for no extra charge. I also submit instructions on how and when to use this version so you are ready to go!
8. You look everything over and ooh and ahh, OR you hit me back and say "Can you please fix XYZ?" Then I promptly do so. I will do up to 2 edits with you- I do not have time to go back and forth with you 14 times because you weren’t really paying attention the other times (ugh!)… my time is valuable.
9. You submit your resume to various companies you've been targeting and/or you apply to positions you see directly using your LinkedIn profile, (yeah, that's a thing now!) and your phone finally starts ringing with requests to discuss new employment.
PS/Disclaimer/Legal Junk: I am not (nor have I ever) guaranteed anyone a job or you will get a refund. Some companies do this, and that’s just downright ridiculous. I have no control over you once you leave my phase of your “job hunting journey”.